Why Girl Scouts By Guest Blogger Katie L.



“Girl Scouts has given me so many opportunities... to meet new people, and make new friends, to try new things and learn new skills, and to travel to places I’ve never been before.”

Girl Scouts has taught me to grow as a person, and to push myself to be the best possible me I can be. With my Troop, I have gone camping several times, toured Washington D.C. and had a really fun weekend at Woodloch Pines. I have earned my Bronze and Silver Awards, and am now finishing up my Gold Award*. My Troop and I have earned countless badges, gone on ‘Journeys,’ sold tons of cookies and done many hours of community service, and with each activity I’ve learned something about myself.

As a Theatri-gal I got to practice my improvisation and performance skills. As a GSNC Media Girl I have learned to speak confidently and grow my leadership skills. I have appeared on TV, recorded a public service announcement for radio, and am even on a Cookie Box!
 
This past October, I had the opportunity to go to GSUSA’s Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah, as part of a delegation of girls who participated in their Leadership Institute. It was so much fun! I got to meet so many Girl Scouts from around the United States, hear some really inspiring speakers, and discuss real world problems with other girls in the Institute.

It was a wonderful experience that I will never forget. So thank you to Girl Scouts for all of these opportunities, I wouldn’t be the person I am today without you.

*Since writing this article, Katie completed her Gold Award Project and has officially earned her Gold Award. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Sit-Upon Using a Reusable Shopping Bag

How To...Tie a Girl Scout Scarf

Working at a Girl Scout Camp by Maggie Robinson