Memorial Day Parades are a great way for you and your troop to represent Girl Scouts! If you are participating in a Memorial Day parade soon, it’s important to follow the below guidelines on flag and girl order.
Remember, a parade is a place to have fun, but also remind the girls to handle all flags with respect.
Flag Order and Girl Order (see additional diagram below or image above)
Girl 1- American Flag
- "The flag, when carried in a procession with another flag or
flags, should be either on the marching right; that is, the flag’s own right,
or, if there is a line of other flags, in front of the center of that line." (4
U.S. Code § 7 - Position and manner of display)
- The American flag should be held higher than the rest of the flags
- The American flag should be to the far left of all other flags
- For more infromation regarding position and manner of display of the american flag, visit 4 U.S. Code § 7 - Position and manner of display.
Girl 2- State Flag
- The State flag should be to the right of the American flag
Girl 3- WAGGGS Flag
- The WAGGGS flag should be to the right of the State flag
Girl 4- Council Flag
- The Council flag should be to the right of the WAGGGS fla
Girl 5-Brownie Flag
- The Girl Scout Brownie flag should be to the right of the Girl Scout Daisy flag
Girl 6- Daisy Flag
- The Girl Scout Daisy should be to the right of the Council flag
Need flag ceremony accessories? Borrow flag holsters or white gloves from the Volunteer Resource Center at the Council’s Service Center! Fill out this form on our website to reserve materials. For questions, email email@example.com.