With Thanksgiving two days away, it’s time to start thinking about that long holiday weekend your kids will have. You probably want to keep your kids smiling and happy, while keeping them busy at the same time.
Here are a few of our Holiday Vacation entertainment ideas:
- Work on the age appropriate cooking badge. This doesn’t have to be just for the girls in the house; get the entire family involved in cooking Thanksgiving Dinner (or just a regular dinner).
- Send some thanks, while making the holidays a little brighter for the men and women who keep our country safe by having the kids make homemade greeting cards on Thanksgiving. This will keep the kids out of the kitchen, while allowing them to get creative. If you get the greeting cards to the GSNC Service Center by December 4th, we can get them shipped overseas as part of DHL’s Operation Holiday Cheer shipment. Find out all the details>>
- Take the kids food shopping for non-perishables. Food pantries need to be kept full all year long, but with the kids having a few days off from school for Thanksgiving, teach them about the importance of giving thanks for what they have, that others may not.
- Spend a couple of hours volunteering. Having time off from school is a great time to give back to the community.
- Go Ice Skating. This winter themed activity is fun, keeps the kids moving and gets the kids excited about the winter season. Plus, it can be made into a Healthy Living Initiatives activity.
- Consider taking in a holiday movie. Check out these movie reviews that take in account violence, language, messaging and family values.
Please note: Girl Scouts of Nassau County has no relationship or interest in Common Sense Media.