With the GSNC Mags&Munchies Program beginning in a little over a month, now is the time for Troop Leaders to prepare their Girl Scouts for the Mags&Munchies season. Whether your Troop is hosting a booth sale or individual Girl Scouts are going door-to-door, it is important to be safe when selling. GSNC has put together a few Safety tips for Troop Leaders to go over with their Girl Scouts.
- Show you're a Girl Scout - Wear your uniform, membership pin and/or Girl Scout clothing when selling Mags&Munchies.
- Buddy Up - Use the buddy system at all times. It's not just safe, it's more fun.
- Partner with Adults - Adults must be present when girls are taking orders, selling or delivering product.
- Plan Ahead - Avoid walking around with large amounts of money. Hand it in to the Troop Mags&Munchies Manager as soon as possible.
- Do Not Enter - Never enter the home or vehicle of a person when you are selling or making deliveries.
- Be Safe when Walking the Neighborhood - Follow safe street pedestrian practices.
- Be Net Wise - Take the GSUSA Internet Safety Pledge before going online... and remember, Girl Scouts cannot collect money online.