There are countless reasons to become a Girl Scout Volunteer. I was challenged to list my top 5 reasons– so here they are for your reading pleasure!
5. You Will Build Your Business Skills –Did you know that Girl Scout Volunteers manage budgets, records, and bank accounts, book meeting spaces and field trips, communicate on various social media platforms, and coordinate the schedules of 12 or more girls? That’s why so many of our Volunteers smartly include their volunteer position on their resumes!
4. You Will Spend Time in the Great Outdoors –
3. You Will Eat Delicious Cookies –
Nothing on earth tastes better than a Girl Scout Cookie. Girl Scout Volunteers help girls become Cookie CEOs! The Girl Scout Cookie Program is the largest girl-led business in the world. Through our Cookie Program, Volunteers help Girls learn skills they will use throughout life: goal setting, decision making, money management, business ethics, and people skills. Helping girls become business women AND eating tasty cookies? It’s a win-win!
2. You Will Make New Friends –
It’s well known that girls who participate in Girl Scouting make lots of friends, but did you know that our Volunteers make friends too? Volunteers work together as Co-Leaders, committee members, Service Team members, and at programs and events. We even have events especially for Volunteers like Oktoberfest and Expand Your Horizons Leader Conference, where you get to meet leaders from all over Nassau County!
1. You Will Make a Real Difference in the Life of a Girl –
This is what being a Girl Scout Volunteer is all about. Volunteers truly build girls of Courage, Confidence, and Character who make the world a better place. At every Troop meeting, at every cookie booth sale, on every field trip and campout, YOU will change girls’ lives, and they will change yours.