Celebrated since 1926, World Thinking Day is a day of international friendship. It is an opportunity to speak out on issues that affect young women all over the world.
Every year, World Thinking Day has a different theme that Girl Guides and Girl Scouts around the world can learn about and take action on. The 2018 World Thinking Day theme is “Impact.” Making an impact means having a strong effect on something or someone.
This World Thinking Day, Girl Scouts and Girl Guides will think about what it means to make an impact on the world—and celebrate being part of the global sisterhood that is Girl Scouts & Girl Guides.
Here’s what your Troop can earn:
- 2018 World Thinking Day Award
- The World Trefoil Pin
- Juliette Low World Friendship Council Patch program
- Global Action Award 2018
Games from around the world:
- Pass the parcel, played in England (hot potato in America)
- Elephant, Ant, Man, played in Indonesia (rock paper scissors in America)
- Rayuela, played in Columbia (hop scotch in America)
- Queimada, played in Brazil (tag in America)