Friday, February 8th, 2013 has been declared National Girl Scout Cookie Day! Girl Scouts and Non-Girl Scouts alike can join in on the fun and festivities on National Girl Scout Cookie Day! Girl Scouts can celebrate with us by hosting a Cookie Booth Sale, a Cookie Walkabout, or simply going door-to-door that day with your Girl Scout Cookie Order Form. Not a Girl Scout, well you can still participate in the day’s festivities. When Girl Scouts sell Girl Scout Cookies®, they are building practical life skills such as Goal Setting, Decision Making, Money Management, People Skills and Business Ethics. Learning about the #5Skills will help them not only in 2013, but for the rest of their life.
Here are some ways to take part in National Girl Scout Cookie Day…
- Hold a CookieBooth Sale- a booth sale is when a Troop sets up a table or booth at a public location and displays and sells boxes of cookies directly to customers, allowing them to eat Girl Scout Cookies right away.
- Have a CookieWalkabout- pile your extra boxes of Girl Scout Cookies into a wagon, cart or sled and walk door to door around your neighborhood with your Girl Scout Troop.
- Go door-to-door with your Girl Scout Cookie Order Form - Ask your neighbors if they purchased all of their Girl Scout Cookies? Call your relatives and tell them about your goals for the Girl Scout Cookie Program. Educate your teachers about all that you learn by selling Girl Scout Cookies. They might want #OneMoreBox!
- Get Social- If you have a Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, post about Girl Scout Cookies… be sure to be part of the conversation by including #GirlScoutCookies, #5Skills and #OneMoreBox in your Tweets and posts.
- Are you looking to find Girl Scout Cookies or are you in NYC and want to find the Girl Scout Cookie Truck? Download our new Girl Scout Cookie iPhone or Android app to find Girl Scout Cookies near in your area or visit www.girlscoutcookies.org.
- Upgrade your cookie-buying skills by watching Girl Scouts give you advice or downloading our simple guide. These tools will help you, help us learn our 5 skills.
- Learn about the 5 Skills girls develop through the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
- Visit the Girl Scout Blog for up-to-the-minute updates including posts from one of Nassau County’s own Girl Scouts.