GSNC Girl Scout Cadette Spends National Girl Scout Cookie Day Being a Roving Reporter for GSUSA!!!



My Day Interviewing at National Girl Scout Cookie Day!!!

 

By Abby A. (the Girl Scout Cadette doing the interviewing... I'm also on the Tagalongs Box)


GSNC Girl Scout Cadette Abby A. Tells Us About Her as a Reporter - Picture of Abby Eating Breakfast at GSUSAOn Friday February 8, 2013, I went into the city to be a roving reporter for National Girl Scout Cookie Day.  Unfortunately, it was the day we were expecting a blizzard.  My day began at about 5:30 in the morning.  That was when the car came, but I woke up at 4:34 in the morning.

GSNC Girl Scout Cadette Abby A. Tells Us About Her as a Reporter - Picture of Abby and her Sister at Fox & FriendsOur first stop was Fox & Friends.  The new Girl Scout Cookie Truck was there and they interviewed us in the truck.  My sister was also there, along with a Girl Scout troop from Brooklyn.  They were going to work the first cookie truck stop.  They were really nice.  After Fox & Friends, Regan (the other Girl Scout Roving Reporter... she's a Girl Scout from Greater New York) and I started interviewing people on the street.

GSNC Girl Scout Cadette Abby A. Tells Us About Her as a Reporter - Picture of Abby Interviewing a Fellow Girl Scout We met Anna Maria Chaves, Miss Teen Kansas, two Brooklyn Net Cheerleaders, and Bill O'Rielly.  We also spoke with people on the street, Girl Scout Troops selling Girl Scout Cookies, and lots of Girl Scout staff.  I heard that by 1:00pm the Cookie Truck had sold about 2,000 boxes of cookies.

My day was amazing even though the weather was terrible.  The camera crew and staff that were with Regan and I the whole day were awesome!!!  This opportunity gave me a sneak peek of how they run things at Girl Scouts.  It was a GREAT day to be a Girl Scout!  I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of National Girl Scout Cookie Day!!!


P.S.S. Please look for me on the New Tagalongs Box :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make a Sit-Upon Using a Reusable Shopping Bag

How To...Tie a Girl Scout Scarf

Working at a Girl Scout Camp by Maggie Robinson