Today is National Girl Scout Cookie Day!!
For the last couple of days, you have probably been hearing a lot about Girl Scout Cookies, especially this morning. Well that is because TODAY has been declared National Girl Scout Cookie Day and it is our goal to let the world know that Girl Scout Cookies aren’t just yummy! The Girl Scout Cookie Program is the largest girl-led business in the world, generating $780 million in annual sales and by buying Girl Scout Cookies directly from a Girl Scout, girls learn skills that are essential to leadership, to success, and to life.
National Cookie Day is finally here!!! Here are just a few things we have going on today in our Council…
- Morning Show Appearances: Girl Scouts from Nassau County will appear on Fox and Friends , Good Morning America, CNN, and a few girls will appear on the Couch.
- Roaming Reporter: We have a GSNC Media Girl acting as a Roaming Reporter in NYC interviewing other Girl Scouts, Girl Scout Volunteers and Customers. She will be tweeting for @GirlScouts with the hashtag #GirlScoutCookies and #onemorebox and some of her videos will be posted to YouTube and Facebook… stay tuned because we will be sharing some of those videos.
- Drive-Thru Cookie Booth Sale at GSNC Service Center: We have a great group of Girl Scouts setting up a tent in the parking lot of the GSNC Service Center to sell Girl Scout Cookies to those who are driving past the building.
- #onemorebox contest on Facebook: Tell us (in words, videos, and photos) about your favorite Girl Scout Cookie.
- Cookie Booth Sales across Nassau County: Girl Scouts in Nassau County have been encouraged to participate in National Girl Scout Cookie Day by hosting a Cookie Booth Sale or a Walkabout.
Find your local Cookie Professional at girlscoutcookies.org to buy or order your favorite Girl Scout Cookies.