Match the Facts – Presidents Edition
In honor of Presidents' Day (it’s today), we have listed a bunch of facts about two of the four United States Presidents who were born in the month of February—President George Washington and President Abraham Lincoln. Your goal is to match the fact to the President.
Answer Options: a) President George Washington, b) President Abraham Lincoln
- This President was the 1st President of the United States.
- This President was the 16th President of the United States.
- This President signed the Emancipation Proclamation.
- This President fought in the American Revolution.
- This President was known as the “father of his country”.
- This President was known to be an excellent dancer.
- This President had the nickname of “Honest Abe”.
- This President was married to Martha.
- This President was the first man to sign the United States Constitution.
- This President was married to Mary Todd.
- This President can be found on a US One Dollar Bill.
- This President can be found on a US Five Dollar Bill.
- This President was one of the original creators of the Secret Service.
- This President never lived in the White House.
- This President is considered one of the tallest American Presidents, standing at 6 foot 4 inches tall.
- This President was born on February 12, 1809.
- This President was born on February 22, 1732.
1)Washington 2)Lincoln 3)Lincoln 4)Washington 5)Washington 6)Washington 7)Lincoln 8)Washington 9)Washington 10)Lincoln 11)Washington 12)Lincoln 13)Lincoln 14)Washington 15)Lincoln 16)Lincoln 17)Washington
A&E Television Networks, LLC. (2104). Presidents' Day. Retrieved from History.com: http://www.history.com/topics/holidays/presidents-day
Facts about Abraham Lincoln. (n.d.). Retrieved from A Lincoln Library: http://www.alincoln-library.com/facts-about-abraham-lincoln.shtml
Key Facts About George Washington. (2014). Retrieved from George Washington's Mount Vernon: http://www.mountvernon.org/georgewashington/facts