If I could name only one thing that girls learn when they’re involved with Girl Scouts, it’s that they become capable of tackling pretty much anything. With the right encouragement, guidance, training, and confidence, they grow into women who lead by example to do great things for the world.
There are so many reasons to support Girl Scouts and stand with girls:
- Girl Scouts is the best leadership experience for girls in the world. Our programs are specifically designed with girls in mind and provide opportunities that they can only get from the preeminent leadership organization for girls.
- Girl Scouting bolsters the benefits of school by fostering a safe, inclusive, and girl-led environment where girls are free to practice different skills, try new things, and take on leadership positions.
- The fact is, most of a girl’s life is coed. The girl-only, girl-defined, and girl-led aspects of Girl Scouts are crucial for girls; the safe space that Girl Scouts offers helps them stretch beyond their limits and transfer knowledge, experiences, and skills to any environment, both now and in the future.
- The options for exploration and leadership are endless. Whether it is an outdoor adventure, a hands-on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) experience, the chance to explore issues they care about or the financial literacy skills learned in our iconic Girl Scout Cookie Program, every girl has the opportunity to take the lead.
- Only Girl Scouts gives girls the chance to pursue the most challenging, rewarding, and life-changing award for girls in the world: the Girl Scout Gold Award. The Gold Award requires girls to demonstrate their leadership skills by addressing a local or global community issue.
With more than a century of experience, Girl Scouts brings a wealth of knowledge to programs that provide cornerstone experiences for girls that last a lifetime. Put simply, Girl Scouts works! Because without my Girl Scout background, I wouldn’t be where I am today.